3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 large carrot, peeled and diced
2 stalks celery, diced
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic (or 2 tsp. minced garlic)
2Tbsp. all-purpose flour
8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
3 large russet potatoes, peeled and diced
1 large head cauliflower, trimmed and chopped (6-8 cups of cauliflower florets)
- Heat the olive oil in a large, heavy saucepan or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add carrot, celery and onion to olive oil. Cook 5 to 7 minutes or until vegetables are softened.
- Add garlic, and cook another 1-2 minutes, being careful not to let garlic burn (turn down heat if necessary).
- Sprinkle flour over vegetables and cook minute or two, stirring constantly.
- Meanwhile, heat chicken broth in the microwave for 1 minute on high. Add to vegetables, whisking constantly.
- Bring to a boil. Add potatoes and cauliflower.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and let simmer 20-30 minutes or until cauliflower and potatoes are tender when pierced with a fork.
- Use an immersion blender to puree soup, or let soup cool 15 minutes, then puree in batches in a blender.
Per serving (based on 10): 151 calories, 1 g fat (0 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 29 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 8 g protein, 26% vitamin A, 86% vitamin C, 5% calcium, 10% iron
*** I will be living on this for a couple weeks after my surgery!
get the InLinkz code