Here's how it works:
Create a new Weekend Recipes blog post. Include the Weekend Recipes button by copying and pasting the code above. (You are also welcome to copy and paste these instructions in their entirety, or any portion of this Weekend Recipes blog post!) Every recipe that I post will get posted on my Kimmie's Fav Recipes.
Chicken Souvlaki features the fresh-tasting combination of lemon juice, garlic, and olive oil that is so prevalent in Greek cuisine. Serve it alongside a Greek salad of chunked tomatoes, cucumber, red onion, and feta cheese. Tzatziki is a traditional Greek yogurt-based sauce flavored with lemon, garlic, and crisp cucumbers.
YIELD: 2 servings (serving size: 2 skewers and about 1/4 cup tzatziki sauce)
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh or 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered lengthwise and cut into (1/2-inch-thick) slices
- Cooking spray
- Tzatziki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled, seeded, and shredded
- 1/2 cup plain low-fat yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- To prepare souvlaki, combine the first 5 ingredients in a zip-top plastic bag; seal and shake to combine. Add chicken to bag; seal and shake to coat. Marinate chicken in refrigerator for 30 minutes, turning once.
- Remove chicken from bag; discard marinade. Thread the chicken and zucchini, alternately onto each of 4 (8-inch) skewers.
- Heat a grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add skewers; cook 8 minutes or until chicken is done, turning once.
- To prepare tzatziki sauce, combine cucumber, yogurt, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1 garlic clove, stirring well. Serve the tzatziki sauce with souvlaki.
get the InLinkz code