Sunday, 14 April 2013
BANISH BODY BREAKOUTS IN 5 EASY STEPS
1. Switch to loose, cotton clothing and shower frequently, especially
after the gym or a sweaty day in the sun.
2. Body skin is thicker than the face, making breakouts here more stubborn and resistant to treatment. Combat with an acne-fighting body wash like Clinique’s Acne Solutions Cleansing Bar or Lush’s Dirty Springwash.
3. Exfoliate thoroughly to help unclog pores further. Try Clinique’s Sparkle Skin Body Exfoliator or Neutrogena’s Body Clear.
4. Spot treat the zits with alpha-hydroxy acid or salicylic acid gel (to unclog pores) in the morning and a dose of at least two per cent benzoyl peroxide (to dry out zits and kill bacteria) at night – Neutrogena Body Clear Body Spray works well.
5. Keep the affected area free of greasy creams and scented lotions, and if you’re going to expose it to the sun, make sure your SPF is oil-free. Try Kiehl’s Mexoryl SP50.